4 Warm Weather Activities in Alpharetta Sure to Make You Smile
We don’t want to jinx anything, but we think it’s safe to say that spring has sprung—and with it comes beautiful weather, the wonderful smells of blooming flowers, and plenty of great things to do in Alpharetta.
If you’re looking for the perfect family event over spring break or are hoping to get out and enjoy all Alpharetta has to offer, read on! We’ve compiled some of our very favorites to share with you.
1. Adventure (or relax) in the great outdoors
We may be a stone’s throw from a bustling metropolitan city, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t opportunities to get out and take in a little of what nature has to offer.
- If you prefer an outdoor excursion that still offers all the conveniences, be sure to check out Wills Park. From sports like baseball, disc golf, and pickleball to family fun, swimming, and hiking, Wills Park offers something for everyone—all with access to well-kept facilities. Bonus: bring your furry friend along for a romp in the dog park.
- Get a little deeper in the green by scheduling a hike or bike at the Big Creek Greenway. With a focus on conservation and environmental education, the greenway has open green spaces and untouched areas housing native plants and animals. And while you won’t get the pavilions and facilities of Wills Park, there are wide boardwalks paths and trails for you to meander, run, or bike.
2. Rainy day? Check out famed (and nearby) indoor attractions
Along with beautiful blue skies and cool breezes, spring also brings rain, mud, and dreary days. But with an umbrella and a full tank of gas, there’s no way you can be bored!
Grab the kids and make your way to Atlanta for the day. You can escape the drizzle at the Georgia Aquarium, tour the Coca Cola factory, or check out the Fernbank Museum of Natural History. Budget in a tasty lunch at one of Atlanta’s best restaurants and a sweet frozen treat at Honeysuckle Gelato (we’re big fans!).
3. Attend an awesome event
You don’t have to make a trek to Atlanta to find fantastic events. Here are some prime ones right here in Alpharetta.
Ongoing events to remember:
- The Alpharetta Food Truck Alley opens up in April and lets you sample from 6-8 rotating food trucks weekly.
- Art in the Park runs every Saturday from May to September, offering Downtown Alpharetta visitors the chance to view and purchases handcrafted works by local artists.
Special events you won’t want to miss:
- If you’re a foodie, you’ll want to pencil in A Taste of Alpharetta on May 4, 2017. This annual events is a must-taste—and admission is free!
- Grab your biggest sun hat and get a little glamorous at Avalon’s third annual Kentucky Derby Party on May 6.
- The Alpharetta Arts Streetfest runs from May 27-19, 2017, and it’s jam-packed with original art, toe-tapping music, delicious food, and free art activities for kids.
4. Grab a beer & do a little people watching
There’s nothing like having a cool beer on a warm spring night. While you could crack open a cold one in your backyard, why not get out to one of our local microbreweries where you can drink, snack, and toast the season with other locals?
- Jekyll Brewing is a local favorite for their tasty (and award-winning!) craft brews. Schedule a tour to get a sneak peek into Southern brewing traditions or hit up their taproom for a tasting of some of their most popular beers.
- Looking for great eats to accompany your frothy ale? Head over to Hop Alley Brew Pub to sample both in-house brews and other local favorites while snacking on tasty, fresh-made pub fare.
Wherever you go, whatever you do, we hope you have an awesome spring!